Photo Blog

Darla Teagarden's Photo Blog

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fledermaus Rubbermoon.. Sister Midnight


''Sister Midnight''.....



 From my Fledermaus Rubbermoon series.....

The basic idea is based of course on the hundreds of vintage..and in my mind, iconic.. paper moon photos. I wanted something simple, but something a little different than the smiling cheese moon with stars. I wanted it to be black on black..which I associate with everything midnight. I made the glass glitter bats in alternating angles and lengths relative to my " sister midnight" which is to say, the spirit of the night..of course this spirit is a woman! The moon is comprised of black rubber pearlized balloons... The motif is more reminiscent of cabaret, than of the ethereal portrait or souvenir examples of paper moon images. 










My fabulous model is Burlesque Starlette, Cardinal Cyn ( A.K.A Jorie Lodes) whom I met through singer, Colleen Duffy. She has done make-up & hair for me a few times ( which she did for this shoot) and i'm in awe of her expertise (especially eyebrows!)  She has an adorable Atelier in Austin, TX called  La Petite Rouge  at which you can get your hair or make-up done by this artist !











As always you can see most of my images on my site under ''photo''.



Enjoy xx


















+ moon and bats not electronically added+




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4iksr4RAvc