Photo Blog

Darla Teagarden's Photo Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Zelda and Creed












I had a shoot with my friend Gail Chovan's twins... Zelda and Creed.

It was on location and it was so hot my lens kept fogging up. Needless to say the kids wanted ice cream STAT. It was at a goose hutch that is shaped like a church off the texas 
highway.. It's this creepy little church thing... i thought , well that would be good! It lends itself to a southern gothic-ness.

I should state for the record, even though miss zelda cannot see with her eyes, she sees perfectly well in all other capacities..instead of opening her eyes, she likes to tilt her beautiful face upward, or keep it close to her chest.
Gail, their mother sweetly spoke to them in french to keep things moving right along....

I'm honored that my portrait of  Zelda was published in the beautiful SHOTS MAGAZINE..fine photography journal. Look for it at your news stand ..or order online via SHOTS issue 109.





















                                                     



See the shoot on page 11  in "Photos"  HERE